Sunday, March 23, 2008

Vegas-Area Tenant Left Screwed Over By Alleged Rent Skimming Real Estate Agent

In Las Vegas Nevada, KVBC-TV Channel 3 reports:
  • When the Hays found their rental home last June they were pleased. Not only could they move in right away, the landlord asked them what they could afford for a deposit. There was even the chance to buy the home at some point in the future. But that would all change in less than seven months. There's no forgetting the day Jennifer and Travis learned something wasn't right with their rental home. Their landlord called January 15, a memorable day. It was the same day Jennifer was headed into surgery. "She called to tell me I should start looking for another place, that she could sell me a house," Jennifer explains. "And that's when I figured out that not only am I going through a miscarriage, but I was also going to lose my house."

For the rest of the story, see House foreclosed, renters given little notice.

Residents in Clark County, Nevada who want instructions on how to find out if a home may be facing foreclosure, see Is My Rental Home in Foreclosure?

For other posts involving the problems tenants face in homes in foreclosure, go here, go here, go here, go here, and go here. equity skimming unwittingly epsilon