Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tennessee Woman Warns Others Of A "Foreclosure Rescue" Screwing Over That Resulted In Loss Of Her Home

In Smyrna, Tennessee, WSMV-TV Channel 4 (Nashville) reports:

  • A Smyrna woman is advising that home owners should beware of some companies after she lost her home in an attempt to avoid foreclosure. [...] Resident Dee Dee Shell said she couldn't afford to pay her mortgage, so she contacted a company that claimed to help people at risk of foreclosure. "They got me to sign this one paper, and it was like they had to hurry up and get it so the house would be foreclosed on," said Shell.

  • She signed over the deed to her home and paid the company rent to continue living there. "They were making me a tenant and making the payments higher," said Shell. She had to move out and ended up losing her home and business salon that she ran out of the house. "They pretty much told me I need to get boxes and prepare my stuff to move. He told me I could be a mobile hair stylist, and I could do hair out of my car," said Shell. [...] "Somebody took my home. They got me to sign a paper, and I didn't know what it was," said Shell.

For the story, see Home Owner Warns Residents Of Foreclosure Company (Woman Says Company Made Her Home Payments Higher) (read story) (watch video)