Saturday, November 27, 2010

Another Homeowner Falls For Servicer's Loan Modification Promise, Then Has Home Sold Out From Under Her

In Birmingham, Michigan, WXYZ-TV Channel 7 reports:
  • Debra Graves has been begging her bank for help for years. [...] Graves seemed like the ideal borrower – she put 30% down on her home in Birmingham, and says she always paid on time. Until – like so many in Michigan – she lost her job. “I have done everything that Wells Fargo has asked me to do, and they have not worked with me at all,” said Graves.

  • Graves says, after 3 years of calling -- she finally got through to someone in the president’s office at the bank – she was assured they were trying to modify her loan. “She made promises to me. She said they would bump my Sheriff’s sale back to November 7th,” said Graves.

  • Graves took on roommates -- she even took a low-paying retail job just to show she had some income to qualify for the modification. But then Graves found out, her house had been sold at Sheriff’s sale in September – and Wells Fargo never told her. “How could they do this to me? I never thought, at my age, that I would be worried about whether or not I would have to move in with my mom. It’s just a really bad situation to be in,” said Graves.

For more, see Steaming mad about loan modifications.