Saturday, December 11, 2010

South Florida Foreclosure Mill Files Lawsuit On Behalf Of Lender Against Woman For Foreclosure On Home She Sold In 1994

The South Florida Sun Sentinel reports:
  • Cathy Hammers was abruptly awakened by a continuous loud banging on the front door of her Virginia home the Saturday night after Thanksgiving. She was then served foreclosure papers by Texas-based Nationstar Mortgage and the Fort Lauderdale law firm of Marshall Watson on a Port St. Lucie home Hammers and her parents sold in 1994 — 15 years ago, reports The Palm Beach Post.

  • When I talked to Marshall Watson, Sonya in their litigation department, and asked why I was being served foreclosure papers on a mortgage I did not sign, on a property I haven’t lived in for almost 20 years, she got snippety with me and asked if I had an attorney. Why would I need an attorney when they’ve made the mistake?” Hammers told The Palm Beach Post.

  • By Thursday, Hammers said Marshall Watson had completely changed their tune. However, Hammers said she still planned to file her complaint with the Florida Attorney General’s Office to document Marshall Watson’s treatment of the situation, according to The Palm Beach Post.

For the full story, see Virginia resident gets foreclosure notice on Port St. Lucie home she sold in 1994.