Thursday, February 17, 2011

Florida Homeowner Sues Over Bank's Illegal Break-In; Use Of Paperwork By Lender's "Jack-Booted Thugs" To Intimidate Cops Into Inaction A Major Concern

In Orange County, Florida, WOFL-TV Channel 35 reports:
  • Nancy Jacobini is a homeowner and has been for awhile. For two decades, she has been in the same house, which makes what happened on September 28th, 2010 so bizarre.

  • "It was about 5:30 p.m. It was a very rainy, dark, dreary day. I was in the front bedroom lying down on the bed with the light on. All of a sudden I heard someone trying to put their hand on the door handle. At that point I knew I was in trouble. I immediately grabbed my cell phone, went to the bathroom, locked my door and called 911. I was scared. Very scared. Cause I could hear the aggressiveness at the door. I panicked. Maybe he followed me. Maybe he's a sex offender. I had no idea," remembers Jacobini.

  • Orange County deputies showed up at the house. They found a locksmith changing the hardware on Nancy's front door. He was sent by Nancy's bank: JP Morgan Chase.
    "The bank broke into my home for no darn good reason," says Jacobini.

  • "Americans need to wake up, because if we don't stop them from doing this now, what's to stop them from kicking everybody's doors down?" asks Matthew Weidner, Nancy's attorney.

  • Weidner filed a federal lawsuit on Friday against the bank. He says he receives, on average, six calls a week from people complaining about these so-called "real estate repo men." [...] These jack-booted thugs can intimidate police who come out to the scene and often times, all that's required to make the police go away is for the jack-booted thugs to show a piece of paper from the bank," says Weidner.(1)

For more, see Lawsuit filed in local bank break-in case.

(1) For examples of other filed lawsuits involving illegal "trash-out" / lockout cases, see:

For those homeowners who've been screwed over by wrongful lockouts by foreclosing lenders (and their confederates) and seek some possible guidance on how much their cases might be worth if they seek to sue, see: