Monday, September 26, 2016

Electrical Circuit Malfunction Blamed For Fire In Home Carved Up Into Illegal Rooming House, Leaving 11 Crammed-In Boston Residents Homeless; Landlord Cited For Code Violations

In Boston, Massachusetts, WCVB-TV Channel 5 reports:
  • A Boston landlord has been cited after a [] fire left nearly a dozen people homeless.

    The Myrick Street fire in the city's Allston neighborhood was a caused by an electrical circuit malfunction.

    The landlord is suspected of operating the building as an unlicensed rooming house, with several individual units with dead bolts on the doors. The 11 residents included college students and young adults.

    "Every single bedroom had a dead bolt on it, roughly 10 rooms," said Boston Fire Marshall Jack Dempsey.

    The commissioner of Inspectional Services and the city fire marshal met with landlord to issue two violations for failing to obtain a permit and having an unsafe structure.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home